Accommodation in a modern Colegio Mayor in the centre of Madrid.
Situated in a very advantageous location only 15 minutes’ walk to Madrid city centre, 5 minutes’ walk to the main university campus and right opposite the nearest metro station (Metropolitano Line 6), Colegio Mayor Chaminade opens its doors to people and organisations who wish to spend time in the centre of Madrid during the summer vacation period, June, July, August and September.
The residence first opened its doors to the university community in 1966. Its 300 single rooms, each fitted with an ensuite bathroom, the large swimming pool, gardens and fully fitted gym (measuring over 200m2) as well as the other facilities, make Chaminade an ideal place for studying, resting and relaxing. The public transport network, with which it is possible to get to know the city, is also excellent.
Food and Drinks
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are all included in the price of the room, except Sundays and public holidays, when there is no dining room service.
Dining Room opening times:
• Breakfast: 07:00 until 09:30; self-service.
• Lunch: 14:00 until 15:30; served individually.
• Dinner: 21:30 until 22:00; served individually.
- We do ask that you arrive promptly as no meals will be served outside of these times.
- All tables in the dining room must be occupied for meals to be served.
- We ask that you do not enter the dining room dressed in bath robes or pyjamas.
- Packed lunches are available on request with 48 hours notice.
- The residence has its own cafeteria where you can purchase drinks, hot meals, hamburgers, sandwiches, pizzas, etc. The cafeteria is open every day of the week from 10:00 until 23:00. The cafeteria prices are not included in the overall price of the room.
Grounds and gardens
Colegio Mayor Chaminade is located on a country estate of about 4,000 square metres and is spread between 3 residential buildings, gardens, sports facilities, swimming pool and two car parks. With all that, the residence complex has over 10,000 square metres of facilities, which makes it one of the biggest and best equipped ones in Spain.
Phones and Internet:
- All rooms have in-built phone and Internet connections. The phones allow you to receive external calls and make internal calls yourself. If you wish to make external phonecalls, you will have to get individual access through the administration office.
- To access the Internet, you will need a computer with a network card and an RJ45 ethernet cable.
- There is one public access booth (operated with coins or card) on the ground floor. There is also a computer room with Internet and WiFi zones in the common areas.
The residence has the foloowing common areas, all with air conditioning, for the use of the guests:
- Two study rooms
- Newspaper room
- Two TV rooms
- Computer room with Internet access
- Four individual study rooms (3-4 people)
- Seminar rooms
- The residence has two washing machines and a dryer for the use of the residents at €3 each.
- Fully equipped gym of about 200m2.
- Private swimming pool exclusively for the use of the residents. There is always a lifeguard on duty. Pool opening times: 12:00 - 14:00 and 15:00 - 21:00.
- The sports track can be booked by the residents and it is equipped for tenis, basketball, indoor football and other such sports and leisure activities.
- Seminar and theatre room with a capacity for 191 people and professional projection and sound equipment. During the summer months there are oftencinema events organised for the residents.
- Chapel - holds 240 people. The Eucharist is celebrated every Sunday from July until September at 12.00 and 21.15.
- Cafeteria - with a great atmosphere where it is always nice to relax with a newspaper. Drinks, hot meals, burgers, sandwiches, pizzas etc are served at reasonable prices. The cafeteria is open ever day between 10.00 and 23.00. The cafeteria prices are not included in the overall price of the room.
Free broadband access (wired)
Free broadband access (wifi)
Food and Drinks
Continental breakfast (included)
Lunch available (at additional cost)
Dinner available (at additional cost)
Museums (walking distance)
Golf course (a short drive)
Tennis courts (walking distance)
Theatre (walking distance)
Address: Fund. Univ. G.José Chaminade, Pº Juan XXIII, 9, Madrid, 28040, Spain
Check-in and check-out for residents is usually around 12.00, however, if for some reason you require a variation to these times, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavour to satisfy your request.
From Barajas airport
From the Barajas airport follow signs for the metro station. Take Line 8 (pink line) towards “Nuevos Ministerios”. At the “Nuevos Ministerios” change to line 6 (grey line) towards “Metropolitano”. Once you reach the Metropolitano station, take the exit for the street Paseo Juan XXIII. When you exit the station, go over the zebra crossing and follow Paseo Juan XXIII until you reach a news stand. The address of the Chaminade residence is Paseo Juan XXIII nº-9.
At the main exit from Barajas airport there is a taxi rank taking people to Madrid city centre. The journey will be approximately 15 minutes and will cost roughly €20. The address of the Chaminade residence is Paseo Juan XXIII nº-9.
From Atocha railway station
From the Atocha railway station, follow the signs towards the metro station. Take line 1 (blue line) towards “Cuatro Caminos”. At the “Cuatro Caminos” station change to line 6 (greay line) towards “Metropolitano”. Once you reach the Metropolitano station, take the exit for the street Paseo Juan XXIII. When you exit the station, go over the zebra crossing and follow Paseo Juan XXIII until you reach a news stand. The address of the Chaminade residence is Paseo Juan XXIII nº-9.
At the main exit from Atocha railway station, there is a taxi rank taking people to Madrid city centre. The journey will be approximately 10 minutes and will cost rougnly €10. The address of the Chaminade residence is Paseo Juan XXIII nº-9.